New Software Vulnerabilities Are Released Almost Daily
Exploiting vulnerabilities is one of the most common methods used by attackers to compromise the security of organisation’s information management systems. Therefore, a successful vulnerability management program is necessary to continually identify, assess and remediate vulnerabilities in your IT environment. Many compliance regulations (PCI-DSS, HIPAA etc.) and cybersecurity frameworks (NIST, CSF etc.) list having a vulnerability management program is a crucial step to protect an organisation’s intellectual property.
However, putting in a vulnerability management program is easier said than done as there are various challenges associated with Vulnerability Management as discussed below:
- Incomplete visibility – Many organisations are using cloud services that may contain sensitive data to quickly expand their network. Because of the rapid expansion, most organisations have no visibility of all security vulnerabilities, leading to attackers being able to breach the organisation’s network.
- Standard prioritisation – An individual vulnerability poses a different risk from one organisation to the next. Since most organisations don’t have complete visibility of their network security posture, they are unable to correctly prioritise vulnerabilities that are critical to the network and may waste valuable time remediating vulnerabilities that pose no risk to the business.
- Ineffective remediation – Because of incomplete visibility and incorrect prioritisation, the remediation process becomes a pointless exercise that fails to add any value in improving the security posture of the organisation’s network. Further, many organisations rely on their patch management systems to give them a report on whether a vulnerability was mitigated when most systems don’t perform such verification.
With all of these challenges it is no wonder vulnerability management is challenging. This is where SpearHead Network’s Vulnerability Management service will assist your organisation to run a successful vulnerability management program.
How we protect you
Our vulnerability management service combines Tenable’s SecurityCenter Continuous View platform (vulnerability analysis and management platform) and our expertise and extensive experience in this space to identify, manage and remediate vulnerabilities on your network.
SpearHead Networkwill deploy, manage and maintain the Tenable SecurityCenter Continuous View Platform and provide you with the benefits of vulnerability management as a service without the overhead of managing the solution yourself.
As a result, you can experience the following benefits:
- Complete visibility with alerts and monthly reports
- Custom prioritisation with vulnerability analysis and intelligence gathering
- Effective remediation to close the gaps and improve your network security posture